Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Housing Specialist 1, Grade 18:
Eligible for a lateral transfer or eligible for a 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent, competitive service in an appropriate title.
For a complete listing of 70.1 transfer titles, please click on the following link: 70.1 transferable titles
Housing Specialist Trainee 1, NS:
Eligible for a lateral transfer, or a 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in an appropriate title.
For a complete listing of titles, please click on the following link: 70.1 transferable titles
Note: Candidates who are currently reachable on the Housing Specialist 1 eligible list or the PCO eligible list in Albany, need not submit an application for this posting unless they are applying directly as a result of the transfer qualifications listed above.
Duties Description Duties of the position will include, but not be limited to:
• Develop and manage projects that provide housing and/or services for homeless and low income households.
• Evaluate proposals for funding; write funding evaluations and recommendations; negotiate terms and conditions of the contract; and assemble and submit contract packages for approval.
• Manage contracts by working with grantees; provide materials, documents and procedural information; review contracts, operating budgets, and service delivery plans; and assist with appropriate revisions to plans and applications.
• Monitor performance of grantees which includes conducting site visits, inspections, case file review, and program report reviews.
• Review and process payment requests in a timely manner; address contractor performance issues under the direction of supervisors.
• Assist in special projects such as collecting data, preparing training materials, maintaining databases and preparing annual or other special reports.
Additional Comments A full-time, permanent appointment will be made. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
Salary for Trainee 1 is $42,143.
***Candidates should reference posting #17-171 when submitting your application.*** If submitting electronically, please reference posting #17-171 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.