Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
276 Chiarino Drive
Minimum Qualifications PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid NYS Driver’s License.
• Ability to mentor the individuals who reside at the location in the duties as described above.
• Must be physically able to perform medium to heavy physical labor
• Must be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions.
• Capable of working independently or as part of a work team.
• Ability to climb ladders safely.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Cleaners perform a variety of routine manual tasks requiring light, medium and heavy physical effort in cleaning and caring for an assigned area in public buildings and adjacent grounds and sidewalks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Washes floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions, windows from the inside or outside of buildings using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubbers, and other cleaning implements.
• Collects, transports, and disposes of medical waste or spoiled linens in accordance with cleaning procedures.
• Cleans blood spills and bodily fluids, including urine, vomit, and feces.
• Strips and waxes floors; vacuums and shampoos carpets; and dusts assigned areas using manual or mechanical equipment.
• Cleans and scrubs all areas of lavatories and locker rooms, such as sinks, urinals, toilets, showers, shower walls and drains, tile floors, and locker room common areas.
• Replaces light bulbs, dusts or washes light fixtures and high places such as ceilings using ladders and scaffolds.
• Cleans and polishes furniture, metal fixtures, and equipment.
• Removes hazardous articles on floors, furniture, and equipment and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places.
• Moves furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning activities, or sets up for meetings or special events.
• Changes curtains and drapes, and hangs pictures and other decorative objects.
• Empties trash, recyclables, and waste, in accordance with cleaning schedule.
• Assembles cleaning cart to conform to assigned cleaning duties, and mixes and properly dilutes cleaning solutions in accordance with manufacturer directions.
• Wears appropriate protective clothing, and other specialized protective equipment as required by the cleaning assignments.
• Checks supplies and equipment functioning, and notifies supervisor of low supply levels, equipment malfunction, and building maintenance issues noted during cleaning.
• May be assigned to remove snow and salt walkways; clean sidewalks, yards, and drives; and mows lawns with manual or mechanical equipment.
• May be assigned to laboratories, clean rooms, operating rooms, or hospital, school, or custodial care settings that require a high degree of cleanliness and disinfectant processes that must be followed to minimize the spread of infection.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.