Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
42 Rykowski Lane, Suite 2
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must have one year of post-master’s experience** as a Speech Language Pathologist AND
Either I: New York State licensure as a Speech Language Pathologist;
OR II: American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA) certification in Speech Language Pathology.
*This experience is NOT in addition to the experience required for licensure or certification. However, you must have had one full calendar year of experience rather than the nine months of experience required for licensure or certification.
Duties Description • You would participate in a broad range of experiences, which would include assessing, evaluating, and treating individuals who have communication and swallowing disorders.
• You would provide clinical services as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team or within the organizational structure of the department in which you work.
• You would provide health and safety of our individuals is dysphagia evaluation and food & liquid consistency recommendations.
• In all cases, you would apply your skills and techniques to meet the specific needs or your clients/individuals.
• You would provide training and supervision of non-professional staff in the implementation of individualized treatment programs, therapy progress notes, referrals to other disciplines, physicians or agencies, and coordination of services with treatment sites.
• Provide consultant services in your speciality for treatment programming and evaluation, and/or provide clinical supervision of non-certified (student or Audiologists 1/Speech-Language Pathologists 1).
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by December 12, 2017 to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.