Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
840 E 59TH Street
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Currently be employed by New York State as a permanent or contingent permanent Habilitation Specialist 1, OR
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services and in a title eligible for 70.1 transfer, OR
• Reachable for appointment on the NYS Department of Civil Service list.
• PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT:
• Candidates will only be considered for this position if there is insufficient in-title and/or civil service list candidates.
• Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
Duties Description SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Program Treatment Team Leader the incumbent will:
• Function as the classroom leader and provide training/guidance on the individuals’ day habilitation program goals/value outcomes.
• Develop and participate in community inclusion activities.
• Develop day habilitation plans for the individuals which reflect the value outcomes established.
• Develop classroom schedules and lesson plans.
• Maintain documentation on the program goals/value outcomes,
• Monitor and ensure all Day Habilitation Checklists (Waivers) are completed daily.
• Monitor and ensure Monthly Summaries are completed.
• Develop Task Analysis for the work sites.
• Conduct individuals’ Wage Evaluations.
• Supervise Team at work sites.
• Complete all necessary documentation required for the work Program.
• Ensure the individuals are evaluated regularly by DSU/ACCESS-VR to meet the WIOA requirement.
• Liaison for the individuals while on community inclusion activities and job sites.
• Work as a member of an Interdisciplinary Treatment Team.
• Attend and participate in all mandatory in-service trainings and staff meetings.
• May be asked to assist with other habilitation service needs as warranted.
• Participate in chart audits
• May be asked to chair committees.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• If the number of interested candidates is three or fewer, the agency at its discretion may nominate a qualified employee for noncompetitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.