Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in intelligence analysis or in conducting homeland security, counter terrorism or emergency preparedness analysis and assessment in a law enforcement, intelligence, homeland security, emergency management or response organization. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the experience.
Duties Description • Ensure that private sector employees in state airports are prepared to deal with a variety of emergency situations that could arise.
• Plan, coordinate and manage an analytic review of statewide airport safety, security and risk programs and their capabilities, necessary integration and collaboration across all mission areas.
• Independently direct, plan, organize and conduct complicated research and studies. Manage site/field visits to gather information relevant to program operations and initiatives; organize, analyze and interpret incoming reports, intelligence and investigative action.
• Plan, develop and manage complex special projects to include problem identification, research, risk/gap options analysis, statistical analysis, presentation of recommendations and implementation time frame.
• Develop collaborative programs with internal/external groups and new and ongoing partnerships nationally and internationally with public, private and non-profit sector officials.
• Compose descriptive analytical reports applying analytical techniques and methods to identify links, trends and patterns I policy, protocol, organization and operation and investigative activities.
• Develop database of experts who can be accesses by DHSES for expert review of program proposal and opinions on emerging homeland security issues. Monitor programmatic data collection and recommend additions and/or modifications.
• Evaluate, develop and present targeted information programs for staff, stakeholders and consumers
• Liaise with state, federal, public and private sector officials. Review and analyze extensive requests from DHSES officials and other high level sources for appropriate assignment, disposition and response.
• Prepare documentation on the impact of federal and state policy, program and budget changes on the organization and its ability to perform life cycle management of programs.
• Direct and manage provision of operational support and resources to program staff.
• Collaborate with senior staff and program staff to develop, manage and execute strategic plans, operational concepts, policies, protocols and processes.
• Create position papers and briefings to support agency programs. Review recommendations and research for procurement and deployment of necessary resources for implementation.
• Manage and coordinate program measurement and evaluation studies to assist stakeholders to continually improve program effectiveness. Prepare and contribute to reports and other presentations related to performance measurement, planning and evaluation.
• Collaborate with senior and program management to establish fundamental industry related homeland security concepts and criteria and stimulate the development of new policies, protocols and techniques.
• Assign, prioritize, review and evaluate of work of subordinates professional/support staff.
• Perform supervisory administrative functions as appropriate.
Additional Comments *These are permanent positions. The appointment is temporary until the position classification has been approved as Non-Competitive at which time the appointment type will change to Permanent.
• Proficiency in the Spanish language is preferred but not required.
• Experience in classroom instruction, group facilitation and training is preferred but not required.
*Work schedule may vary based on operational need. Travel is required.
Location pay is $3,026.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.