Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be a State employee and be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
In order to be eligible for transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c service as a Mental Health Program Specialist Trainee 1, Mental Health Program Specialist Trainee 2, or Mental Health Program Specialist 1 and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Mental Health Program Specialist 1, G-18, position in the Division of State Operated Children’s and Adult Services. The Mental Health Program Specialist 1 provides assistance to 19 psychiatric centers serving children and adults. The incumbent will work under the supervision of a Mental Health Program Specialist 3.
The duties of this position will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
• The incumbent will work under the supervision of a Mental Health Program Specialist 3. The duties of this position will include:
• Support the Division of State-Operated Children’s and Adult Services on both clinical and administrative issues. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, data collection and analysis for short and long term projects pertaining to program oversight, support activities policy development (e.g. research, data collection, etc.), and management of non-personnel service budgets.
• Monitor and review facility operational issues related to performance indicators such as census, admission and discharge, length of stay, outpatient productivity, reimbursement optimization, staffing and similar issues.
• The incumbent will be assigned to various on-going projects to provide project management support that will include, but not necessarily be limited to, completing minutes, performing follow-up action items, and updating necessary documents.
• Support ad hoc assignments that pertain to supporting the mission and vision of the Division and OMH.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #45753 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.