Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
16 Maple Rd
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
If a viable eligible list does not exist, a provisional appointment may be made in accordance with Civil Service Law. Candidates who accept a provisional appointment must take the next competitive examination and be reachable on the resultant eligible list in order to be considered for permanent appointment to the position.
The minimum requirements for taking the examination are: you must be a qualified employee of New York State Department of Transportation, Thruway Authority or Canal Corporation and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a clerical or secretarial position allocated to Grade 5 or higher or as a Toll Collector.
Duties Description The duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform a variety of personnel functions independently. Multi-task to address a wide range of personnel and purchasing issues and other day to day functions in the residency.
• Prepare and process purchase orders and vouchers and insure compliance with purchasing guidelines; monitor expenditures and follow up with vendors and the Regional PAB Unit; insure accuracy of merchandise received against bills of lading/packing slips.
• Utilize working knowledge of Department applications including Microsoft products, AS400, Trinfo, MAMIS, HRIS, and other software programs.
• Assist the Albany County Resident Engineer in the management of annual Residency allocations.
• Provide assistance to all Residency Staff as needed.
• Supervise subordinate staff and varied office work.
• Provide instruction, program guidelines and training to employees on work functions; assign and review completion of work assignments.
• Over see the Adopt-A-Highway program for Albany County.
• Manage the files for Albany County, including but not limited to: Annual Evaluations, Probation Reports, Accident Reports, Accident Recovery Reports, Time and Attendance, Special Assignment to Duty Pay, Clothing and Safety Shoe Payments, and Workers Compensation Cases.
• Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Rd., Suite 1S50