Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Four years of experience as a news videographer, studio camera operator, art director, copywriter, graphic designer, account executive, video editor, web designer, or similar position at a national network, local network television affiliate, cable news, commercial media production facility, or marketing or communications agency.
Substitution: College study in a related field may substitute for up to three years of experience as listed above with 30 credit hours equaling one year of experience.
Duties Description Operate all equipment used to Ingest, Transmit, and Archive assigned signals including: Startup and Shutdown Master Control and Technical Operations Center as necessary, as well as the following:
• Crystal Control System
• Satellite Transmit and Receive equipment (Antennas, Receivers, Routing, and Monitoring systems)
• IP Transmit and Receive equipment
• Bonded Cellular systems
• Steaming Encoders
• TOC Production, Routing, and Recording equipment
• Captioning Encoders
• Test and Monitoring equipment
• Adobe Editing Software
Operator must be able to:
• Maintain the Transmitter Log to FCC standards
• Check Daily Log, SchedulAll, and email for assignments and updates
• Book and access required satellite space
• Coordinate with and distribute NYS Lottery Programming
• Create links and embed codes for streaming services
• Start, monitor, and end web-streams
• Use Adobe Premiere for simple edits
• Archive files and distribute links as necessary
• Master DVDs and print labels
• Create Master Control Log for next day’s activity
• Ensure Quality Control of all signals
Additional Comments Operational Needs: Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) Certified Television Operator (CTO) Certification within 1 year of hiring.
Shift work, including evenings and weekends, will be required. Travel and overtime in support of operations, as necessary.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.