Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Eligible for a lateral transfer.
Promotional Qualifications: Eligible for 52.6 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title at the SG 23 level or higher.
Provisional Qualifications: you must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office of Mental Health or the New York State Office For People With Developmental Disabilities and have had permanent competitive service as follows:
Either A. three months as an Assistant Business Officer;
Qualifying Experience for Appointment from the Eligible List:
After one year of service described in the minimum qualifications, successful candidates will be qualified for appointment form the eligible list.
If the number of interested candidates is three or fewer, a competitive examination will not be held and the agency at its discretion may nominate a qualified employee for noncompetitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Business Officer 1 provides management direction and control of business administration, fiscal and support service activities, and coordinates all such activities with clinical program supervisors to ensure that the activities are supportive of facility treatment objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises the activities of the facility's business office.
• Prepares annual personal service budget requests for support services departments.
• Oversees the expenditure of and accounting for funds appropriated in the annual budget.
• In conjunction with users of service, prepares and manages contracts and shared service agreements between the facility and outside providers of clinical or support services, to ensure that services are delivered efficiently and effectively at the lowest possible cost.
• Assists clinical program supervisors in the evaluation, utilization, lease and control of program space.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 12/15/2017 and include EOA # 17-226 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: email@example.com.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.