Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
75 New Scotland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must have permanent status as a Business Officer 1, M-1, and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill a Business Officer 1, Grade M-1, position in the Office of Financial Management, Consolidated Business Office. The Consolidated Business Office is responsible for consolidated cash management, purchasing, vouchering, contract and payroll services for OMH Central Office and 24 OMH psychiatric facilities. Under the general direction of a Business Officer 2, the incumbent will serve as the manager of the Consolidated Operations Section. The Business Officer 1 will provide management direction, set policy, and communicate requirements for the various units in Operations, which include the Bulkload Team, Accounting & Revenue Team, the Outside Hospital Care Team, the Purchasing Unit, and the FileNet Team and may assist with the management of the Administrative Support Team and the Payroll Unit. Specific duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Review and set workload priorities for various units.
Develop and implement organizational processes and policies for improved efficiency encompassing several units.
Provide necessary direction to section managers regarding employee supervisory issues.
Determine staffing, training and organizational needs necessary for the effective management of personnel resources for various units.
Establishment and maintenance of effective communications and working relationships between the Consolidated Business Office and its business partners at facilities, Central Office program areas and control agencies. This requires that the incumbent will:
• Participate in frequent and effective communications with various facility and Central Office Program Managers to identify problems and determine appropriate resolutions within the parameters of Control Agency guidelines and applicable rules, regulations and laws.
• Develop training materials, as needed, to keep facilities and Central Office staff up to date on matters related to financial management and payment practices.
• Participate in Statewide organizations to promote the interests of the agency in the meeting its organizational mission.
Represent the agency and/or the CBO at conferences and meetings. This activity will require that the incumbent will:
• Participate in the development, design and implementation of business systems including the new Statewide Financial System (SFS).
• Provide agency perspective as work group member for a variety of OSC implemented systems for finance and accounting processes.
Additional Comments The Consolidated Business Office is conveniently located on the grounds of the Capital District PC at 75 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, New York. We offer a comfortable working environment with covered parking available on site for a nominal monthly fee.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #45812 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.