Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree plus two years of demonstrated full-time experience with hands-on business & system requirements documentation, and software customization, or an Associate’s degree plus four years of demonstrated full-time experience with hands-on business & system requirements documentation, and software customization.
• Business requirements analysis and documentation
• System requirements and design documentation
• Database application development
• Application configuration and customization
• Reports, dashboard design and development
• SQL Language design and development
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science plus two years demonstrated full-time experience with hands-on business & system requirements documentation, and software customization.
• Experience with administration and configuration of financial systems.
• Experience with JD Edwards World Software.
• Experience with design, development and programming in CL, RPG and RPGLE languages.
• Ability to work collaboratively.
• Demonstrated ability to document business rules and system configuration.
• Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Project.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Application Support Specialist is responsible for the documentation, research and analysis of business and system requirements, evaluation of technology solutions and configuration and customization of software applications.
• Collaborates with business users to analyze business requirements. Develops process and data flow diagrams.
• Documents business requirements.
• Analyzes and documents system requirements.
• Develops solution design and application configuration plans.
• Serves as an application administrator.
• Participates in project planning, execution, and implementation.
• Participates in cost/benefit analysis of technology solution options.
• Implements, configures, customizes, and supports software solutions hosted onsite and in the cloud.
• Develops data extracts, reports, and dashboards.
• Designs data models and stored procedures to support extracts and reports.
• Builds data interfaces between systems.
• Develops test plan, test scenarios, and test applications to ensure all requirements are met. Test scenarios to include negative test cases.
• Provides operational support to applications in production environment. Troubleshoots and fixes application defects.
• Contributes to the team as a subject-matter-expert and collaborates with co-workers to troubleshoot application issues.
• Works directly with external technology vendors to troubleshoot defects and configure new applications.
• Participates in disaster recovery planning and execution.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• May train and evaluate employees.
• Perform security administration functions regarding user accounts and passwords for applications and reports.
• Assist the Information Security Officer in identifying and applying appropriate security controls for user access to business information and submit updates to the Disaster Recovery Plan when system changes occur.
• Ensure compliance with DASNY and NYS policies.
• Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with the assessment/development and implementation of internal controls, and participate in the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Information Technology Services. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
May supervise employees.
Additional Comments Physical/Mental/Visual Demands
Occasional travel is required using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires complex and time-pressured decision-making. Overtime or extended work hours may be required.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.