Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Current Office of General Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55 b/c service as a Business Systems Analyst 2 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Business Systems Analyst 2 OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 21 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description • Serve on a team that develops and implements strategic plans to achieve business goals
• Proactively leads project and/or business unit by setting direction of project, creating project plan, and developing a timeline identifying key milestones
• Conducts research associated with developing strategic goals and objectives
• Monitors and reports on performance relative to plans
• Assists in development of issues relative to a business unit’s strategic direction
• Serve as project manager lead on projects of small to medium scope that produce deliverables
• Facilitate project meetings to develop strategic goals and performance measures
• Document results of meetings, information needs and relative priorities from end users, subject experts and others
• Communicate both orally and in writing with agency leadership, program managers, staff, and outside vendors to acquire and share information
• Compiles detail project reports and communicates project status to stakeholders
• Assist on special projects
• Additional duties as required
• At least one year experience in business development/strategic planning
• Proactive, dynamic, hard-working, entrepreneurial
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and across a number of disciplines as well as to work independently
• Ability to research, compile, organize, analyze and evaluate information from a variety of sources and prepare recommendations and proposals
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.