Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Current Office of General Services employees with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Project Manager 2 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Project Manager 2; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 23 or above AND eligible for transfer under Sections 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Project Manager 2 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Project Manager 2 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description • Act as project manager for specific initiatives.
• Perform tasks across various project management knowledge areas, including project integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality, resource, communications, risk, procurement and stakeholder management.
• Develop project management deliverables such as business cases, work breakdown structures, schedules, risk assessments, stakeholder assessments, communications plans and status reports.
• Facilitate and support meetings with project teams, REC and OGS leadership, other state agencies, vendors and other public entities throughout the project lifecycle, as necessary.
• Assist with the development and delivery of project management training for PPM and REC staff
• Assist with maintaining the PPM project portfolio.
• Assist with the evolution of the PPM PMO as it expands and advances project management. processes and standards within the REC organization.
• Mentor and manage PMO staff, as necessary.
• Additional duties as requested.
Additional Comments Operational Needs:
• Experience in all phases of the project management life cycle
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and across a number of disciplines as well as to work independently
• Ability to research, compile, organize, analyze and evaluate information from a variety of sources and prepare recommendations and proposals related to project and portfolio management
• Familiarity with Lean, Agile, and performance management concepts
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute, or similar certification from another entity
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.