Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
•Two years of experience and/or training in grounds maintenance work; or one year as a Grounds Worker.
•Must possess a valid New York State class B driver’s license at the time of application.
•Must possess a valid category 3A New York State Commercial pesticide applicator license at the time of application.
Duties Description Position Summary:
The selected candidate will:
• Supervise, organize, schedule and assign work
• Provide clear and concise instructions, train staff, order material in a timely manner and produce detailed and comprehensive written reports and records.
• Possess the ability to properly and safely use a variety of hand and power tolls, equipment, and vehicles in the performance of grounds maintenance duties.
• Act as a liaison between Facilities and the Athletic Department regarding athletic field care and maintenance
• Have a working knowledge of the methods of athletic field design, layout and striping
• Have knowledge and ability to closely monitor athletic field turf conditions and maintain same using fertilizers, pesticides, irrigation, aeration, top dressing, overseeing, etc. as each season requires.
• Perform moderate to heavy physical labor in all weather conditions for sustained periods of time.
• Have experience coordinating snow removal for a large facility. Incumbent will organize and supervise snow and ice removal tasks including hand shoveling of walkways, and stairs, bus stops, doorways, and handicap access areas and plowing roads, sidewalks and parking lots using trucks, tractors, and other snow removal equipment.
• Be willing to work overtime for snow removal and other seasonal requirements.
At the time of applying for this position, incumbent is required to possess a category 3A New York State Commercial pesticide applicator license, as well as a valid class B New York State Commercial Driver’s license. To receive consideration, candidate must detail their qualifications and submit appropriate documentation with their application.
Successful candidates in the position must be able to effectively communicate with coworkers, supervisors and the campus community. This position may require you to work in a team so the candidate should have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. The candidate must possess and have proven positive customer service skills; must also possess good listening skills and be able to understand and follow written and/or oral instructions.
Since the activities of other employees depend upon the availability of the employee in this position, reliable attendance is a factor that will be considered when filling this vacancy.
This position is defined as safety-sensitive, and as such, is subject to alcohol and drug testing under the Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.