Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1500 Waters Place
Minimum Qualifications Current permanent status as a Licensed Master Social Worker 2 Spanish Language and qualified for lateral transfer ~OR~ Eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law ~OR~ Reachable on the current Licensed Master Social Worker 2 Spanish Language eligible list. *Candidates will be required to pass a performance test to demonstrate Spanish language proficiency.
Candidate must possess experience treating patients with co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders. Candidates must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment. For external candidates, a criminal background check will be required. For external candidates, a criminal background check will be required.
Duties Description • Assess individual and family needs, strengths, and limitations;
• Provide individual, group and family therapy, as well as crisis intervention;
• Record significant psychosocial events and/or changes in clinical condition;
• Determine the individual(s) need for referral to community-based services (treatment, residential, education, social, vocational, and/or public entitlement) and provide recommendations for referrals and consultations;
• Serve as a resource to other team members regarding social adjustment, discharge service needs, and the effective utilization of community services;
• Educate individual and family about the nature of the disorder/illness and available resources and how to access them;
• May oversee the therapeutic interventions of individuals assigned to their treatment team;
• May provide clinical consultation and assistance to members of the professional staff and members of the treatment team, under the clinical supervision of a licensed clinical social worker, licensed psychologist or psychiatrist.
• Prepare reports and maintain medical & other case records including progress notes, observations, recommendations & discharge plans;
• Attend treatment team meetings and actively present clinical information and observations to staff in other disciplines;
• Coordinate the care and treatment planning of one or more individuals served by the treatment team;
• May involve supervising clinical staff and may include training of clinical staff.
• Auditing of patient charts to monitor for compliance.
• Shift supervision, which includes scheduling activities, assigning them to staff, ensuring duties and activities are carried out and assist in coordinating interventions when crises and emergencies occur.
Other duties will be assigned as needed.
Additional Comments Bronx ATC is a Tobacco-Free Facility
Plus $3,026 Location pay.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.