Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
42 Rykowski Lane
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must currently be a permanent Treatment Team Leader.
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Treatment Team Leader.
3. Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 grades of targeted title).
NOTE: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-Title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
TITLES ELIGIBLE FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT:
GROUP 1 (Must currently have 1 year in the following titles): Chief Occupational Therapist; Chief Physical Therapist; Chief Recreation Therapist; DDPS1 or DDPS2; Developmental Specialist 4; Head Occupational Therapist, Head Physical Therapist; Head Recreation Therapist; Licensed Psychologist; Mental Hygiene Nursing Program Coordinator; NA1 or NA2; Social Work Supervisor 1; Speech Language Pathologist/Audiology Program Coordinator 1 or 2; and Supervisor of Rehabilitation Services.
GROUP 2 (Must currently have 2 years in the following titles): Associate Psychologist; Audiologist 1 or 2; Community Mental Health Nurse; Developmental Specialist 3; Habilitation Specialist 2; Infection Control Nurse; ICF Program Manager 1 or 2; Mental Hygiene Staff Developmental Specialist 3 (Nursing); Nurse 2; Nurse Practitioner; Physician Assistant; Psychologist 2; Rehabilitation Counselor 1 or 2; Senior Occupational Therapist; Senior Physical Therapist; Senior Recreation Therapist; Senior Speech and Hearing Therapist; Licensed Master Social Worker 2; Speech Language Pathologist 1 or 2; Teacher 4; and Utilization Review Coordinator.
• Person with certification within Profession will be preferred, i.e. Licensed Master Social Worker, Registered Nurse.
• Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
• Preference will be given to individuals with experience in the above mentioned areas.
• At the time of offer, you must be ready to accept or decline the position.
Duties Description Under the direction of the DDPS4, will be responsible for several residential sites:
? Provide administrative leadership and oversight to Core Team staff to ensure that all staff understands the Agency mission, philosophy and goals, plus their own role in the organization.
? Ensure appropriate utilization of allocated staff resources to maximize each consumer’s valued outcomes and maintain a safe, sanitary environment while controlling personal service costs.
? Ensure appropriate training for all staff.
? Ensure appropriate and timely follow-up on problem issues identified by auditors and/or other individuals.
? Participate fully and constructively as a member of the DDSO and local administrative teams in planning, coordinating and developing a sound residential and habilitative program.
Other duties as assigned.
Details to be discussed at interview.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by December 19, 2017 to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, Option 3, Option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.