Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications In order to be considered for appointment, candidates must be reachable from the appropriate Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
If a viable eligible list does not exist, a provisional appointment may be made. If you are appointed provisionally, you will have to take and pass the next Civil Service examination for this title when it is administered. Employees appointed provisionally must be reachable on the resulting eligible list for that title or their employment in the position (may have hold item) will end.
The minimum requirements for taking the examination are:
You must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in an office assistant, clerical, or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 5 or higher.
Provisional candidates must have registered for and taken the most recent Office Assistant 2 examination(s) in order to be considered for appointment.
*Candidates must provide the agency with a copy of their test registration code.
Duties Description The Office Assistant 2 will work under the supervision of the Office Assistant 3 (Calculations) provide support with all aspects of the Purchase/Accounting/Office Services Unit with in Region 9’s Administration Office; coverage in the absence of the OA 3. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Process purchase orders and vouchers. Enter and retrieve data and reports utilize various computer databases including the Statewide Financial System (SFS). Ability to use other applicable purchase, accounting and voucher software programs such AS 400, Wipper; DOT Financial Warehouse. Prior experience with these programs is helpful but not required, must have the ability to learn and gain proficiency with all applicable software
• Maintain Administration Office accounts receivable and payment of invoices
• Understand the activities of the Region’s accounting, purchasing and voucher processes in order to answer questions, explain and clarify procedures use independent judgment to make decisions and resolve problems processing purchase orders, vouchers; work within an environment that is subject to change; establish working relationships with various levels of Department staff to ensure efficiency and timeliness with transaction processing
• Provide back up for the processing of weekly revenue receipts utilize applicable programs i.e. key capture
• Distribution and tracking of P Cards and travel cards; ordering of office supplies including bulk orders
• Provide support to the OA 3 with processing of incoming and outgoing mail untilize internal and external systems (i.e.: USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex). Use postage meter and order postage and stamps as needed. Maintain form and stamp inventory.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Programs Word/Excel previous experience not required but ability to gain proficiency in these programs is desired
• May supervise, other duties and projects typical to the Office Assistant 2 position may be assigned.
• Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter of interest no later than December 18, 2017 to:
Karen Archer, Administrative Officer
44 Hawley St. Room 905
Binghamton, NY 13901
607/721-8144 fax 607/721-8279
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.