Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Currently in the above title or 70.1 eligible title
Reachable on the Civil Service List
Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Physical Therapist in New York State AND have one year of post licensure physical therapy experience.
Candidate must also possess a current valid New York State driver’s license
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Senior Physical Therapist, you would provide comprehensive Physical Therapy services to individuals with Developmental Disabilities on assigned caseload, ensuring they receive P.T. related care and equipment, and are safe in their day program/work site, and home environments. The position is primarily consultative in nature. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Performs Physical Therapy-related assessments
• Development of PT-related plans for individuals to be carried out by trained staff
• Training of agency staff in implementation of PT-related plans, routines, etc.
• Provision of direct PT services as needed based on an Evidence-Based Practice approach
• Facilitation of Community-Based PT services for individuals
• Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and Environmental Modification (E-Mod) assessment, justification, and acquisition
• Plans, carries out, and supervises physical therapy as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team or as a clinical supervisor
• Ability to function as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team relating to professional, para-professional and direct care staff.
• Ability to communicate in a thorough, concise, accurate and professional manner both verbally and in writing.
• Training/public speaking experience.
• Possess an acceptable time and attendance record as specified in the time and attendance policy.
• Possess an acceptable work record (E-File)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.