Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelor's Degree related to computer programming and at least 1 year experience OR
2. Associate's Degree related to computer programming with at least 3 years experience
3. Experience with Windows Server 2012 and higher, Windows Deployment Services, Mac O/S, Mac Imaging tools, Adobe Deployment tools, VMware
4. Strong customer service orientation; willing and able to support faculty, staff and students with a variety of technology needs
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
1. Experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, MDT & WDS, SCCM, Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 2016
2. Basic knowledge of Video conferencing, Audio/Visual systems and video capture
3. Knowledge of, and experience related to, ITS procurement best practices and procedures
Duties Description The ITS Computer Technician will fulfill the responsibilities of installing, updating and maintaining campus Windows and Mac computer equipment, classroom media services related technology and provide end-user support services. In addition, the Computer Technician will assist in preparing and deploying campus standard computer images, manage the installation of campus owned and licensed software and manage and maintain computer labs and Smart Classroom equipment.
The ITS Procurement Officer aspects of the job involves acquiring price quotes for IT related services and equipment for our campus, while following SUNY/NYS purchasing policies; processing the approved and funded orders; manage Journal Transfers for department chargebacks; manage ITS budgets and payment account; receive, process and inventory orders as they arrive; maintain ITS equipment inventory for campus owned computers, telephones and networking equipment.
1. Analyze and correct computer and Digital Media technology lab problems that are hardware and/or software based.
2. Install and set up new computer and related hardware for Offices, Labs and Classrooms
3. Assist with the development and maintenance of classroom technology and media services configuration.
4. Assist the user in the installation of campus licensed desktop application software
5. Manage and maintain Windows and Mac imaging servers and/or services, applications and related documentation
6. Assist with the development and/or maintenance of campus licensed Windows/Mac based applications
7. Under the direction of the End-User Support Supervisor and as per ITS Dept standards/specifications, assist in or conduct evaluations of new hardware and software
8. Under the direction of the End-User Support Supervisor develop and maintain campus standard Windows and Mac images for deployment
9. Under the direction of the Network Infrastructure Supervisor and as per ITS Dept standards/specifications, install, configure and troubleshoot network hardware and software
10. Work with and assist users with price quotes requests
11. Process, receive and inventory equipment order requests
12. Manage, maintain and document the journal transfers for processed orders
13. Manage and maintain ITS budget and expenditure accounts
14. All other related duties as assigned in accordance to the Helpdesk and End-User Support
Additional Comments No emailed or hard copy resumes or application materials will be accepted. For official consideration and to apply online, please go to www.cobleskill.edu/hr, click on "Current Openings", and select the position title to begin your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingNo emailed or hard copy resumes or application materials will be accepted. For official consideration and to apply online, please go to www.cobleskill.edu/hr, click on "Current Openings", and select the position title to begin your application.