Minimum Qualifications Grade 18
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or in a closely related field.
Two (2) years of professional full-time experience. Relevant experience must include one of the following:
• Commercial real estate investing (investment acquisitions or asset management) or commercial mortgage lending, specifically involving the financing, investing in, leasing of, or asset management of large commercial real estate assets (generally properties worth $10 million or more);
• Investment-related duties reflecting a fundamental knowledge of the financial markets and an understanding of the economic forces that impact the financial markets, or analysis of financial or economic data.
Specifically excluded are activities applicable to small commercial properties (e.g., 2- to 4-family homes), the sale or brokerage of single-family homes, or experience marketing or selling financial service products to individuals, as performed by financial advisors and stockbrokers.
SUBSTITUTION: A Master’s Degree in Business Administration concentrating in Finance or a closely related concentration substitutes for two (2) years of work experience.
Duties Description Under the supervision of higher level staff/management, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Input and maintain accurate data in our mortgage servicing software (currently PAM for Mortgages),
- Ensure the timely collection of monthly principal and interest payments on direct mortgages,
- Process loan maturities/prepayment premiums,
- Prepare periodic loan reviews,
- Perform periodic site inspections,
- Review leases and other documents related to the mortgage collateral and recommend actions,
- Ensure borrowers maintain insurance coverage and pay property taxes as required by the loan documents,
- Provide data to third party providers for valuations,
- Maintain accurate investment related data in various information management systems (Private I, Private Informant, internal schedules, etc.),
- Prepare periodic reports on investments for management, other NYSTRS Departments, Internal Investment Committee and the Board,
- Prepare capital call warrants,
- Review/recalculate management fees,
- Participate in process to upgrade/replace software as necessary,
- Attend conferences, conventions and meetings as needed/requested,
- Perform other duties as requested,
- Travel required (primarily US).
Additional Comments Preferred Skills
Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
Excellent communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Critical thinking skills
Previous real estate experience and knowledge
Previous financial analysis experience
Computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft products
A Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or in a closely related field
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.