Office of Facilities and Business Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year of experience in performing general construction or maintenance tasks. Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license is required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Working knowledge of the printing and shipping process.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Facilities and Business Services is seeking to fill a Labor Supervisor position. Major responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collaborate with the Print Operations Manager and Print Operations Supervisor to plan and coordinate the shipping of exam materials;
• Open and close the warehouse, verify the security of the unit, and ensure alarms are activated;
• Supervise all Laborers and temporary staff in activities related to the shipping operation;
• Prepares employee evaluations as needed;
• Perform shipping duties, including lifting and loading boxes up to 60 pounds on and off of pallets and trucks;
• Ensure that exams are packed into shipping containers as instructed by shipping notices;
• Use and supervise the use of pallet jacks, fork lifts, shrink wrap machines, box making machines, and hand tools;
• Coordinate and supervise the collation of materials needed for pre-shipping of exams;
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area;
• Order shipping supplies; and
• Maintain accurate inventory as required by the Office of Assessment.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $43,443 with annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by January 5, 2018 to email@example.com. Please include the Box number (PIMS-317/01150) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by January 5, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Box number (PIMS-317/01150) of the position in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.