Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree with no relevant experience or Associates degree plus two years' relevant experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a construction industry related field plus two years' construction industry experience with public or private projects. PC applications and construction systems experience (Primavera project management and scheduling applications preferred). Other preferences to be determined at the time of posting.
• Ability to read and comprehend plans, specifications, addenda, bid materials, contracts and related construction documents.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
Under general supervision, the Assistant Project Manager assists in completing technical and administrative functions required to complete the design and construction of projects.
• Read and comprehend plans, specifications, addenda, bid materials, contracts and other related documents.
• Review bid advertising and prepare bid summaries.
• Assists in review and processing of payment requisitions, trade payment breakdowns, change orders, work authorizations and close-out packages.
• Administer, monitor and input data into system applications and databases.
• Monitors project schedules and budgets and prepares project status reports as requested.
• Monitors DASNY labor charges in CARRS (Cost Accounting Revenue and Recovery System).
• Review technical and environmental submittals for compliance with contract documents.
• Maintain technical, environmental and project databases.
• Issue requests for services, work assignments and recommendations for work authorizations.
• Attend job meetings as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• May participate in mechanical, electrical and structural quality assurance field inspections.
• May train support staff on PC applications.
• Assist with the documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with internal controls implementation, review and testing.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Additional Comments Supervision
Travel may be required using public transportation, rental vehicle, DASNY vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. May require exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and other work-safety hazards of a construction site. May require time-pressure of decision-making. Must be able to work overtime or extended work hours as needed.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, shredder.
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates, please copy and paste the following in your browser to apply electronically: