Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Any current Habilitation Specialist 1
Any permanent employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Anyone eligible to take the Civil Service examination for Habilitation Specialist 1
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: A qualifying Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and 1 year clinical/or direct care experience or a qualifying Master’s Degree in Human Services.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide services for individuals in a classroom and residential setting.
• Train and work with direct care staff assigned to classroom and residential setting.
• Provide assessments, develops and implements active treatment programs and documents response to treatment for individual.
• Attend and participate in quarterly and annual IPP reviews and various other meetings regarding the individuals’ services/programs and team concerns.
• Provide written quarterly and annual assessments in advance of scheduled IPP reviews.
• Work as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
• Coordinate and assure community training trials pertinent to individual programs.
• May be expected to accompany individual on community trips.
• Respond to duress alarms (blue dots) and intervene as needed.
• Provide active treatment within a therapeutic environment. Ensure active treatment takes place.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.