Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
170 Blackhawk Road
Minimum Qualifications Must currently be a permanent, full-time Licensed Practical Nurse;
Must be active and reachable on Civil Service eligible list for Licensed Practical Nurse and possess a license and registration to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
Valid unrestricted license to drive in New York State.
Duties Description • Monitor the health status of individuals, provide appropriate interventions, and ensure proper documentation.
• Administer medications and treatments.
• Order medications and medical supplies.
• Review and transcribe physician’s orders.
• Complete semi-annual nursing summary and attend reviews.
• File medical reports, ensure follow-up and tracking of medical appointments, and maintain medical record.
• Supervise and provide direct care services, including ADLs.
• Provide and coordinate in service training for Direct Support Assistant Trainees.
• Other duties as assigned.
Personal care of consumers residing in the home will be required.
CPR, First Aid, and Medication Certification will be required by release date.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by January 5, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.