Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications • Currently be employed by New York State as a permanent or contingent permanent Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 2, OR
• in a title eligible for 70.1 transfer, OR
• Reachable for appointment on the Civil Service list.
Duties Description • Supervise the Capacity Management Coordinators in the five boroughs of New York City.
• Schedule regular meetings with the coordinators to review all vacancies in the metropolitan area (this includes both voluntary and state operated residences).
• Ensure agencies submit appropriate and needed information regarding their vacancy (i.e. date of vacancy, profile of other individuals in the home, barrier free residence, etc.).
• Work with both coordinators and agency staff to ensure vacancies are reported timely.
• Ensure appropriate individuals are referred to vacancies timely, that agencies screen the candidate within a prescribed time frame and provide written response regarding individual’s appropriateness for vacancy.
• Ensure voluntary agencies inform DDRO staff of internal transfers.
• Serve as hospital liaison to both the municipal and voluntary hospitals.
• Interface with hospital social work departments regarding appropriate discharge planning.
• Schedule meetings with hospital staff as needed to inform them of OPWDD eligibility, services and process for referral for services.
• Participate in monthly meetings with OMH staff to review individuals who are in OMH facilities (both children and adults) currently in need of alternate residential placement.
• Review written referral packets on all individuals in hospitals (municipal and/or voluntary hospitals, OMH facilities) and work with referring party to improve quality of referral when necessary.
• Suggest possible candidates to voluntary/state operated residences.
• Work with Medicaid Service Coordinators (and care coordinators after 7/1/18) to ensure family is aware of potential placement
• Participate on hard to place conference calls, coordinating with Central Office and Regional Office leadership when necessary.
• Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed and submitted to appropriate staff for enrollment into the residence (i.e. Current level of care, due process sent, etc.).
• Assist Deputy Director in developing a performance measurement program and metrics for the Capacity Management Team, producing reports, and making quality improvement recommendations when necessary.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office