Minimum Qualifications The New York State and Local Retirement System (NYSLRS) has embarked on a multi-year initiative, called the Redesign Project, that will require significant investment to redesign its business processes and legacy systems, replacing them with an integrated, customer focused, information system that facilitates its work.
When the Redesign Project is complete, NYSLRS will possess a modern information system, ready to meet the needs of its customers and stakeholders in a secure, flexible and stable environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read this posting in its entirety and follow the specific instructions on applying for this position.
The candidate must have at least six (6) years of general experience in outreach, training, help desk, communications or public relations.
This experience must include one of the following, which may be concurrent:
• Two (2) years of experience providing operational assistance and support, over the phone or in person, regarding program specific processes and procedures.
• Two (2) years of experience in development or delivery of training regarding detailed policies, procedures or technology.
An Associate's Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of general experience.
A Bachelor's Degree may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Project Assistant, Assistant Outreach Manager, the Project Assistant (SG-18) will serve on the Redesign Outreach & Change Management Team. The team is designed specifically to interact, support, communicate with, train and ensure knowledge transfer to all stakeholders of the new retirement benefits administration system. Strategies for outreach to stakeholders include an Employee Change Leaders Forum, Employer Advisory Council, Employer and end-user training, and two “How to” Stakeholder Help Desks. There are over 800 potential internal end-users and up to 18,000 employer and end-users.
The incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Providing support to stakeholder help desk staff to ensure that appropriate levels of support and resources are provided to stakeholders such as tools and documentation used during training and knowledge transfer;
• Evaluating training courses to ensure successful execution and completion of training;
• Reporting and monitoring the resolution of any issues that stakeholders may experience during the transition process including, but not limited to: new file formatting, not understanding data errors, connectivity, setting up security profiles for their employees, and enrollment system pages;
• Coordinating stakeholder input and feedback as related to project communication and training through the use of the Change Agent Network meetings and events which have been implemented to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders;
• Working with the Outreach & Change Management Team to plan, schedule and provide communication and awareness events and meetings that are integrated with the existing communication vehicles for stakeholders;
• Working with the Outreach & Change Management Team to develop and implement a training program that meets the identified needs of the participating stakeholders, including an assessment process for continual improvements of the program;
• Working with outreach management and the integrated Outreach & Change Management Team to assist implementing a target organizational model for the new retirement benefit administration system;
• Working with outreach management and the integrated Outreach & Change Management Team to develop position papers which document results of change impact sessions and detail mitigation strategies to ensure successful transition to the new retirement benefit administration system and target organizational model;
• Preparing lesson plans and assist in the delivery of training programs by presenting ideas, concepts and factual information in a classroom setting;
• Overseeing, drafting and dissemination of audience-specific training announcements and information concerning educational opportunities for stakeholders;
• Maintaining of attendance records for participants for all training courses and the issuance of certificates when applicable.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of staff both over the telephone and in-person.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as effectively, in a team environment.
• Experience working successfully in a deadline driven environment where accuracy and attention to detail is required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the attached template (http://www.osc.state.ny.us/recruit/docs/08454_Template_12_2017.doc) to email@example.com no later than January 11, 2018. Please reference Item # O8454bv-OSC in the subject line of the email and on the cover letter. (The Vacancy ID at the top of this posting should not be included)
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete this template in full to demonstrate
they meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be selected for interview based
SOLELY on the contents provided by them on this template.
IMPORTANT; It is imperative that you provide specific examples to demonstrate your
experience for each of the required qualifications listed in this template. Please ensure that
you have fully described how you meet the qualifications by providing a FULLY
DETAILED description of your experience. Any ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions
will not be decided in the candidate’s favor.