Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law or reachable on the Payroll Specialist 1 eligible list.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidate must have one year or permanent service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 9 or above.
Duties Description • Process and review payroll transactions.
• Process and review payroll transactions submitted by all NYS agencies and determine appropriate action based on various laws, regulations, collective bargaining agreements, business rules and procedures.
• Enter and correct payroll information in PayServ and notifies agencies of changes.
Provide Payroll information to customers.
• Provide all NYS agencies with appropriate payroll information.
• Research and analyze payroll history records.
• Verify employee payroll information to prospective employers who call and inquire.
• Determine appropriate courses of action and answers in relation to e-mails received in Earnings mailboxes.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Analytical and organization skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Detail orientated, and produces an accurate and timely work product
• Works well independently and in a team environment
• Ability to respond to written inquiries and telephone calls from NYS employees and NYS agencies
• Ability to prepare timely, accurate, thoughtful deduction related research
• Ability to communicate and document unusual circumstances
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 7, 2018. Please reference Item #02029- GOER –JDC when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The Vacancy ID # should not be included.