Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
47-40 21st Street
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Secretary 1 is the principal administrative support position in the Maintenance Group. The incumbent will be required to perform tasks which fall into four broad categories – communication, coordination, organization, and records maintenance. Example duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Provides direct administrative support to the Regional
Director of Operation and Maintenance Supervisors
• Serve as Maintenance’s initial point of internal and external
telephone contact, providing information as appropriate and
directing these calls to the appropriate party
• Provide typing, copying, scanning and faxing support
• Provide mail delivery and payroll coordination
• Schedule appointments and meetings using various office
• Manage Regional Fleet daily activities; Issue vehicles and
maintain recordkeeping and logs related to vehicles. Create
Forms and update changes. Handle vehicles’ violations.
Schedule maintenance and assign parking spots.
• Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident
Command System to support the department’s response to
regional and statewide emergency situations.
• Perform IT Coordinator’s duties for the Maintenance Group.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at
(518) 474-6988 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Hunters Point Plaza