Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Must have QIDP (Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional) certification/status, AND
1. Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Habilitation Specialist 1
2. Permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 1
3. Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Habilitation Specialist 1 title.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide support to residential developing Residential Habilitation plans.
• Ensure notes support Plan goals.
• Provide training in residential habilitation to Direct Support Assistant’s who support the homes.
• Develop and present materials for such groups as Risk and Behavioral Review Committees.
• Participate in ISP’s.
• Develop and update POPO’s as needed.
• Interact with families as needed.
• Complete incident investigations as assigned.
• Request and secure clinical services individuals may need.
• Attend house meetings.
• Specialized assignments as assigned by Treatment Team Leader.
Additional Comments • For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.