Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State Liquor Authority employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Secretary 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Secretary 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 9 or above and eligible for transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Must demonstrate adequate keyboarding skills by prior service in a keyboarding title or successful completion of a Keyboard Specialist performance test.
Employees reachable on the Secretary 1 list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
NOTE: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Secretary 1 is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT available at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description • Assist Supervising Investigator as directed;
• Open, stamp and disperse Enforcement’s incoming mail and faxes;
• Office coverage, answer the main Enforcement line, transferring calls to the appropriate person in Enforcement or another appropriate department;
• Handle incoming complaints received by telephone and prepare written memos of complaint;
• Photocopying as directed by Supervisor (ex: training handouts, material received on books and records investigations, etc.);
• Oversee the volunteer Agent program by sending paperwork to Albany for approval and updating the active and inactive volunteer lists, and emailing the recruitment flyer to colleges;
• Assist with emailing electronic copies of the Manual for Law Enforcement to police agencies;
• Maintain the Enforcement vehicle files and key lockbox;
• Maintain and oversee the assignment of hand held portable radios and batteries;
• Process monthly vehicle reports to Albany;
• Coordinate the assignment of pool vehicles and maintain the Enforcement Pool Vehicle calendar;
• Open Enforcement cases in Compliance as directed by Investigative Officer 2 and 3;
• Process completed cases to the appropriate Bureau;
• Scan all documents relating to a case before it is distributed to the investigative staff;
• Type/mail certified mail letters and referral letters as requested by Investigators;
• Open DCJS Arrest Notification cases as directed;
• Draft Letters of Advice;
• Open UL (unlicensed premises) cases in the Assignment Tracking System, and maintain complaint log for same;
• Open cases in Assignment Tracking System regarding meetings, trainings, and Joint Actions with PD, and maintain separate logs for same;
• Open cases in Assignment Tracking System regarding service of revocations, cancellations and suspensions, and maintain separate logs for same;
• Place holds on revoked, cancelled or suspended licenses as reported by Investigators;
• Return suspended licenses and removes holds from hold screen in Workflow;
• Update case status for all assignments opened in the Assignment Tracking System;
• Create charts, tables, and forms commonly used by Investigators;
• Maintain file of all Teen Night Notifications received;
• File completed reports in appropriate cabinets;
• Provide various administrative duties as required including, but not limited to, maintenance of administrative files for the Enforcement Unit;
• And act as liaison between other business units (Licensing, Legal and Administration).
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.