Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
80 South Swan Street
Minimum Qualifications Current State Liquor Authority employees who have permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c status as a Licensing Examiner 2 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a SG-13 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Licensing Examiner 2 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to Licensing Examiner 2 are available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description Under the supervision of the Licensing Examiner 3, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Ensure subordinates have reviewed all applications for licenses and permits in accordance with office procedures, rules, regulations and statutes; and meet with staff to review current procedures and update them on any changes.
• Produce production reports and meet with examiners to discuss their efficiency; and monitor the workload to ensure equitable work assignments among staff.
• Analyze operations to ensure work flows smoothly and is performed accurately, timely and in accordance with rules and procedures.
• Reassign work and staff as necessary to meet goals and evaluate application trends to determine necessary staff and workload assignments.
• Provide clear and concise explanation of policies and procedures to industry members, attorneys, applicants, licensees and community groups.
• Serve as a member of Licensing Board, which reviews the reports of License Services Clerks and Licensing Examiners 1 and makes determinations on applications. Refer difficult cases to the Licensing Examiner 3 for review and determination.
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
• Assist the Licensing Examiner 3 and Licensing Examiner 4 with application revisions, internal control reports, lean projects, Business Express functions and other initiatives required of the department.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.