Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Employees reachable on the Office Assistant 1 Civil Service eligible list will be canvassed and should not respond to this posting. This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities.
Note: A comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer to an Office Assistant 1is available in the Division of Human Resources Management or through Civil Service GOT-IT at www.cs.ny.gov.
Duties Description The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Responding to telephone, mail and email inquiries to the Secretary’s Office from the public, individuals with business before the Members of the Authority, and agency staff.
• Preparation of the calendars for the meetings of the Members of the Authority, including document review and data entry into the agency’s electronic data bases.
• Assisting with meetings of the Members of the Authority, including pre-meeting video-conference and webcast preparations, tracking attendance, etc.
• Assisting in scheduling of meetings, including updating agency website with upcoming meeting dates and agendas.
• Preparation of documents reflecting actions taken at meetings of the Members of the Authority and date entry of such information into the agency’s electronic data bases.
• Notifying licensees and applicants, and their representatives, of scheduled meeting date for their respective matters.
• Issuing written notification of decisions made at meetings of the Members of the Authority.
• Issuing and distributing orders of revocation, cancellation and suspension of licenses.
• Contacting insurance companies with respect to claims made against licensees’ surety bonds.
• Processing of “non-calendar” disciplinary items.
• Depositing of checks received for payment of fines.
• Administrative support for agency’s Alcohol Training Awareness Program record keeping.
• Assisting in maintaining accurate records of the Secretary’s Office and preparing any necessary reports.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
40th Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.