Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer: Currently a permanent Nurse 1 or 2.
Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Nurse 1 or 2 may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time off.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Direct nursing activities, including the preparation, evaluation and implementation of nursing care plans to insure quality patient care and the development of staff. Provide direct nursing care in the areas of health maintenance, nutrition, actives of daily living, and the treatment and prevention of illness.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform Nursing assessments.
• Development of detailed nursing care plans.
• Participation in the ITT process.
• In-service training of staff
• Administration and supervision of effective infection control procedures.
• Direct provision of a wide range of nursing interventions.
• Effective nursing skills including ability to accurately administer medications and strong health assessment skills.
• Ability to respond effectively to medical emergencies.
• Ability to formulate and implement plans for health teaching/counseling of consumers and training of staff.
Additional Comments SALARY GRADE: SG 14/16
SALARY: $44,564 – $63,293
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit PRF-1, cover letter and résumé by January 18, 2018 to:
Central New York DSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concouse
N Syracuse NY 13212
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Kelly Scanlon, TTL, at 315-598-6120.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.