Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1 Maguire Way
Minimum Qualifications This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
Must be a member of the New York Air National Guard assigned to Security Police Flight at the time of appointment and possess at a minimum a current Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) 3P031.
Must possess a current AFSC 3P051/3P071.
Must possess at least two years of verifiable military work experience in law enforcement showing successful completion of a military law enforcement career-training course.
Must possess at least two years of verifiable civilian work experience in law enforcement showing successful completion of a Municipal Police Training Council Basic Course for Police Officers or other related training as may be deemed appropriate by the appointing authority or designee in accordance with NGB hiring requirements.
• Must be a High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
• Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
• WILL BE REQUIRED TO CARRY FIREARMS.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or with other individuals in a team/group setting.
• Ability to push, pull, lift and carry heavy objects and equipment (50+ lbs).
• Ability to work outside in various temperatures and inclement weather for extended periods of time.
• At all times must meet requirements to carry firearms in accordance with National Guard Bureau and Air Base specific standards. Firearm requirements are in accordance with the authority of Title 10 United States Code (U.S.C.) 8013, Secretary of the Air Force, Air Force Instruction (AFI) 31-117, and EO 9397 (SSN), current and as amended.
• Must be eligible to obtain a permit to carry a handgun in New York State (NYS). May be required to obtain a NYS permit for base specific requirement. Appointees will be afforded a length of time equal to that of the required probationary period in which to obtain permit, but will not be deemed permanent until proof of permit is provided.
• At the time of hire and annually thereafter, must meet mission specific weapons qualification requirements.
• Individuals convicted of domestic violence are not eligible for hire or retention. Any arrests/convictions related to domestic violence must be reported through the Chain of Command.
• At the time of hire and annually thereafter, must meet and maintain physical fitness and agility standards established in accordance with Agency and NGB policy requirements. Separate entry level and annual maintenance programs will be applied in accordance with Agency and NGB policy requirements.
• At the time of hire and annually thereafter, must meet the medical screening requirements to include drug testing, as established in accordance with Agency and NGB policy requirements.
• At the time of hire and annually thereafter, must meet and maintain all mission specific proficiency training requirements to include, but not limited to, Use of Force, Rules of engagement and Search/Handcuffing; including annual evaluations.
• Must be eligible to be designated as a Peace Officer; training may be required. (Note: this may be a Base specific requirement. Peace Officers are required to maintain residence in the State of New York)
• Must obtain and maintain a favorable background investigation, and have an appropriate clearance to allow access to computer networks and restricted areas to determine suitability, loyalty, and trustworthiness. Dependent on current regulation, this will minimally be a National Agency Check with Inquiry (NACI) but may require a SECRET or CLASSIFIED clearance.
• Required to have or successfully complete within 90 days of receiving computer access, all SFS, SLMS and other computer training as related to position duties.
• Required to report any personal arrest by local, state, or federal law enforcement authorities to the CSF or designated representative within 24 hours of incident. Convictions other than those for domestic violence will be addressed on an individual basis. State Human Resources must be notified.
• Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State. Any changes in driver’s license status must be reported to Chain of Command and State Human Resources.
• In accordance with current NGB policies, will be required to obtain and maintain a military driver’s license identifying appropriate vehicles authorized for operation – this will include physical evaluation requirements.
In accordance with National Guard Regulations there may be additional Air Base Specific requirements in order to accomplish necessary security protocols to meet and maintain the Base mission. Maintaining all minimum qualifications, and Base authorization to obtain government issued weapons/firearms to perform duties, is a condition of employment.
At all times, the employee MUST maintain minimum standards in accordance with current statutes, Agency requirements and directives. Failure to do so will subject the individual to disciplinary action and/or termination.
NOTE: Position standards illustrate the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the position described. Standards cannot and do not include all of the work that might be appropriately performed by an incumbent. The minimum qualifications above are those which were required for appointment at the time the Position Standards were written. Please contact State Human Resources Directorate for current information on minimum requirements for appointment.
Duties Description This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
Air Base Security Guards (ABSGs) provide security and related services to personnel and resources at various Air National Guard Bases (ANGBs) located within the State of New York.
The position performs responsibilities in accordance with National Guard Bureau (NGB) standards, as outlined in the Master Cooperative Agreement (MCA) between NGB and DMNA, and specifically as required under the Security Cooperative Agreement (SCA), Appendix 23, National Guard Regulation (NGR) 5-1, Air Force Instructions (AFI) and all other applicable NGB regulations, as well as Agency and labor contract duties and responsibilities - current and as amended.
Under the direct supervision of the Unit Chief of Security Forces (CSF), Security Forces Commander, or other appropriate designated supervisor, ABSGs perform all duties in accordance with Agency and NGB policy requirements noted above.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
• Enforces standards of conduct and adherence to applicable laws, regulations and procedures within the Air National Guard (ANG) Area of Responsibility (AOR).
• Patrols flight line aircraft and other federal equipment on a priority basis to deter criminal activity by means of presence and witness. Detect fires or other dangerous situations.
• Performs inspections of weapons and ammunition vaults, doors and other portals to ensure that all areas are properly locked and secured. Detect evidence of theft, burglary, vandalism, sabotage, or other hazardous conditions.
• Questions suspicious persons to ascertain the legitimacy of presence in the area and detain unauthorized persons within jurisdictional limits until proper authorities arrive to take control.
• Controls entry and exit of military and civilian personnel, contractors and general public, to include all vehicles and other equipment.
• Performs traffic control duties, responds to incidents, accidents and other calls to assist personnel, secure the scene, investigate circumstances and complete required reports.
• Performs pass and identification duties as required.
• Maintains radio contact with Base Defense Operations Center (BDOC) personnel at all times.
• Monitors alarm equipment and emergency response systems, and initiates appropriate response forces when applicable.
• Provides other services necessary to secure location resources and personnel.
• Makes periodic checks of boiler rooms, security lighting, mess hall freezers and other areas as directed.
• Performs inspections and operator maintenance on all assigned vehicles and equipment in an effective and safe manner when required.
• Dispatches security personnel to scenes of incidents and irregularities.
• Receives information on all complaints, taking appropriate action that may be necessary to notify appropriate law enforcement agencies, Fire Department and base personnel as required.
• Maintains appropriate records of all normal or emergency actions taken.
• Periodic overtime may be required
• Periodic travel may be required to other facilities; to attend training; or other requirements related to duties as needed.
• Other job duties as assigned.
Additional Comments This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
In addition: Stewart Air National Guard Base receives a Mid-Hudson Adjustment of $1,513 annually.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
330 Old Niskayuna Road
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for interview, submit a cover letter and resume. In e-mail subject line and cover letter indicate the title, location, vacancy announcement number of the position for which you are applying. Ensure to clearly note how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Please be certain to note any specific licenses or certifications in a skilled trade.
If you are a former public employee retired within New York State currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your cover letter.
Cover letter and resume may be submitted via E-mail (preferred method), FAX, or Mail.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX to: (518) 786-6085
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs
State Human Resources Management
330 Old Niskayuna Road
Latham, New York 12110-3514
POSITION WILL BE POSTED UNTIL FILLED.
VAGUENESS AND OMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RESOLVED IN YOUR FAVOR.