Minimum Qualifications We are seeking applicants for Senior Enforcement Counsel with the following qualifications:
• A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the investigation and litigation of securities fraud and regulation of securities, commodities, and other business activities and products;
• Excellent analytical, research, and writing skills;
• Knowledge of the Martin Act, federal securities laws, and other states’ securities laws;
• The ability to conduct and supervise analysis of financial data and information for a variety of sources;
• Experience taking and defending depositions and investigative testimony;
• Trial experience; and
• Experience supervising, developing, and mentoring attorneys and support staff.
Applicants must reside in (or intend to soon become a resident of) New York State and be admitted to practice law in New York State. In addition, the Public Officers Law requires that attorneys in the OAG must be citizens of the United States. A two (2) year commitment upon being hired is a condition of employment.
Duties Description The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking experienced attorneys, preferably with securities litigation experience, to lead investigations and trials conducted by the Investor Protection Bureau (IPB) located in New York City. IPB, which has both regulatory and enforcement authority, protects the public from fraud and misrepresentation in the offering and sale of securities, commodities, franchises and other investment products.
The IPB’s Enforcement Section evaluates complaints, conducts civil investigations, and litigates matters pursuant to New York’s securities fraud statute, the Martin Act, and New York’s Executive Law.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Salary commensurate with experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the hiring bureau on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time. For the most current information on available position vacancies, applicants are advised to review the Office of the New York State Attorney General website (www.ag.ny.gov/job-postings) or contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Legal Recruitment Bureau - 120 Broadway
Notes on ApplyingHOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please visit our website at http://www.ag.ny.gov/job-postings. The reference number for the position is IPB_AAG/SEC_NYC_3143.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter (You may address to Sandra Jefferson Grannum, Esq., Bureau Chief, Legal Recruitment)
• List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses
• Writing Sample
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions about a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov.