Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Must have a current license and registration to practice in New York State, or a limited permit to practice in NYS, or an application on file for a limited permit to practice in NYS.
Must have and maintain a valid unrestricted license to drive in New York State.
Duties Description LPNs at OPWDD, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, are involved in the treatment of people with developmental disabilities;
LPNs administer medications and injections; perform tube feedings; hang IVs; collect blood samples (if certified for venipuncture); observe patients and report changes in their conditions; take and record temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure; obtain specimens for analysis; and perform other medical procedures as ordered by a physician;
Additional Comments *Salary range includes the posted statutory hiring rate and job rate for CSEA Grade 10 ($38,875 and $47,709) plus the current Geographic Differential of ($2,000). Additional compensation may apply based on shift assignment.
Positions available in Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie and Niagara Counties on afternoon shift and possibly day and/or night shift.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Please submit a current resume with your application detailing your education & experience
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should call for an application 716-517-2057 or email email@example.com
Completed applications, along with a resume, should be mailed to Western NY DDSO-HRMO, 1200 East and West Rd., West Seneca, NY 14224 or faxed to 716-517-3715 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.