Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
1. Be currently licensed in New York State as a Registered Nurse
1. 7 or more years of professional experience working in a hospital or clinic setting
3. Experience working with a diverse, traditional age, student population
4. Proven ability to be patient oriented
Proven ability to b a patient advocate
5. BLS certification
6. Proven ability to work with Medicat
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
1. 10 or more years of professional experience working in a hospital or clinic setting
2. Familiarity with SUNY Cobleskill and the SUNY system
Duties Description The Beard Wellness Center at SUNY Cobleskill is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to work with our multidisciplinary team. This is a full-time, permanent, 12-month position.
Our busy clinic provides high-quality health care to currently enrolled students in the setting of a fully accredited clinic. Our strength of a combined service of mental health, medical and health education providers promotes student success and employee satisfaction.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for:
1. Performing patient assessments in order to identify responses to actual or potential health and mental health problems
2. Administering medications and vaccinations
3. Perform in-house laboratory tests and/or obtain and prepare specimens for testing at reference laboratory
4. Preparing patients for examinations by other, on-site licensed providers
5. Monitoring, recording and reporting symptoms or changes in patient's condition
6. Referral to other licensed providers both on-site and off-site
7. Recording patient visits using an electronic health record (Medicat) with attention to maintaining accurate detailed reports
8. Consulting with members of the health care team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
9. Assisting other members of the health care team as requested
10. Work collaboratively with all members of a diverse health care team
11. Reviewing and recording incoming student health and immunization information
12. Obtain immunization information from NYSIIS and CIR
13. Evaluate and maintain medical inventory, including laboratory supplies
14. Evaluation and maintenance of medical equipment
15. Perform Quality Assessment and Improvement studies, documenting on WEAVE
16. Participation in health education activities including after-hours programming
17. Contribute to policy and procedure revisions as needed
18. Assist in complying with Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care standards
Additional Comments No emailed or hard copy application materials will be accepted. For official consideration and to apply online, please go to www.cobleskill.edu/hr, click on "Current Openings" to begin your application. Thank you.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingNo emailed or hard copy application materials will be accepted. For official consideration and to apply online, please go to www.cobleskill.edu/hr, click on "Current Openings" to begin your application. Thank you.