Office of Student Support Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Veterans Education Program Representative 3 AND possess a master’s degree AND five years of professional experience in the field of education* or in public administration. Three or more of the five years must be in an educational or governmental organization in an administrative position with major responsibility for one or more of the following: educational program planning, educational program evaluation, educational program auditing, educational program research, and/or educational program budget planning.
*The field of education refers to experience in a PreK-12 setting, college setting, or in an education agency.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title.
NOTE: If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation position in the Office of Student Support Services. This Office is responsible for promoting school improvement by focusing on social and emotional development and learning through programs, services and activities related to pupil personnel services, school and student health, expanded learning opportunities, safe schools and alternative education, and the Dignity for All Students Act. The incumbent of this position will focus primarily on the priority areas related to school climate, safe schools and alternative education. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide written, on-site, and verbal technical assistance to schools, local educational agencies, public or private agencies, professional groups, and parents, as requested;
• Organize, coordinate, and conduct on-site school monitoring visits;
• Develop, coordinate, and/or facilitate meetings, conferences, webinars, or workshops to support program initiatives;
• Oversee the development and distribution of requests for proposals, including the oversight and administration of state or federal grants;
• Prepare reports, guidance documents, and site-visit reports within a designated timeframe;
• Research current educational practices, policies, statutes, regulations, and standards;
• Serve on committees to support or advance Department initiatives related to school safety and school climate;
• Review and draft regulations, Regents items, and Department policies regarding school climate, school safety, and alternative education;
• Collaborate with other Department program offices regarding Department initiatives; and
• Perform special assignments as requested.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $103,609 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April 18, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1801/64507) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Ave. OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by April 18, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1801/64507) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.