Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
500 Balltown Road
Minimum Qualifications • Clinical Physician 3, SG M-8
• Eligible for 70.1 or 52.6 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to Clinical Physician 3, by the Department of Civil Service.
• Qualified for provisional appointment by meeting the minimum qualifications on the Clinical Physician 3 examination announcement, should the eligible list become exhausted or broken.
- License to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia, or possession of a Canadian license issued on the basis of a written examination, completion of an internship, and six years of experience as a practicing physician, one year of which must have been in a supervisory or administrative capacity. In addition, candidates must have completed at least 150 hours of continuing education during the three years prior to appointment of the quality and quantity required for continued membership in the American Academy of General Practice.
• Clinical Physician 2, SG 36
• Eligible for 70.1 or 52.6 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to Clinical Physician 2, by the Department of Civil Service.
• Qualified for provisional appointment by meeting the minimum qualifications on the Clinical Physician 2 examination announcement, should the eligible list become exhausted or broken.
- License to practice medicine in New York State, completion of one year of post-graduate training, and two years of medical experience.
Duties Description The Medical Director of Capital District DDSO is responsible for the management and direction of the facility’s medical care and treatment programs. The incumbent is an integral part of the facility’s senior staff, who directs and coordinates all the medical functions for our community and campus based programs, throughout the nine county catchment area. Duties include, but are not limited to the following activities:
Ensures quality medical treatment by professional staff.
• Supervises staff in all aspects of assessments, diagnosis, outcome interpretation and planning of medical care.
• Ensures by supervision and assistance that the documentation and actions of medical staff demonstrate quality and timeliness and reflect the concept of the state regulated processes.
• Responsible for the development, implantation and administration of medical services.
• Directs the entire treatment programs under his/her area of expertise, working with the professional staff in the planning, coordinating and implementing of these programs.
Supervises and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of the professional medical staff.
• Fosters staff efforts to deliver high quality medical care.
• Assigns appropriate goals and medical standards for the facility.
• Ensures the specific treatment and care for each consumer is communicated to appropriate staff.
• Oversees the management of complex consumer situations and ensures that documentation and reporting are prompt and according to policy.
• Responds to potential and actual psychiatric or medical emergencies.
• Provides leadership and direction, discussing consumer medical and/or psychiatric needs with the appropriate medical staff.
• Discusses status and treatment of consumers with parents and relatives.
• Interviews prospective staff for positions to be filled in the facility.
Acts as liaison between Professional Medical staff and other Agency staff.
• Collaborates with other professionals to maintain and improve practice standards.
• Ensures that medical staff maintains credentials in accordance with Agency standards.
• Coordinates medical services with heads of other clinical disciplines.
Participates in or chairs Committees and/or meetings as assigned.
• Attends and participates in the department unit meetings.
• Participates in the medical policy committee developing procedures based on regulations.
• Works with and advises community leaders, organizations and agencies to develop community mental retardation and developmental disability services.
Provides the medical component to investigations in assigned areas.
• Assists with investigations when requested by the assigned investigator.
• Assists in all death and medical related investigations.
• Investigates all complaints regarding consumer medical care that are received by Capital District DDSO.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
500 Balltown Road
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and should fax a current resume to the Capital District DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process.
Capital District DDSO
Amy Link, Human Resources Specialist 2
500 Balltown Road
Schenectady, New York 12304
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER