Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1111 Elmwood Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Currently employed as an Addictions Counselor 1 ~OR~ Current registration as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) in NYS and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list. Candidate must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and Medicaid/Medicare eligibility could result in the termination of employment. JL Norris ATC is a Tobacco-Free facility.
Duties Description The incumbent will be a professional member of a multidisciplinary treatment team providing a therapy program to meet the individual needs of alcoholic/chemically dependent patients. Duties may include, but not be limited to:
• Under the supervision of the Admissions Coordinator manages, functions related to the admission team / office.
• Reviewing referrals of patients for admission to Facility.
• Scheduling patient admissions and dealing with related public assistance and insurance issues.
• Coordinate and review referrals with medical / psychiatric issues with physician and psychiatrist.
• Respond to phone inquiries regarding admission from the community.
• Under the supervision of the Admissions Coordinator, assists with the admission of patients to the facility, and completion of comprehensive evaluations for patients being admitted.
• Acting as liaison between facility and managed care companies as well as third party payers and referring agencies in the community.
• Conduct interviews of referrals to assess appropriateness for treatment in accordance with UR and Admission criteria.
• May assist with coordination of pre-certifications, and appeals of denials for admissions with insurance companies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Excellent Health Insurance Benefits Including Vision and Dental, NYS Employees Retirement System (Pension), Optional Deferred Compensation, Continuing Education Benefits, Generous Paid Leave Benefits, Compensation for 12 State holidays per year.
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, submit a fully completed New York State Examination Application (NYS-APP) to the address above, found at this link: http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf