Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience in the review, investigation, and/or evaluation of compliance with equal employment opportunity laws, rules and regulations; in the planning, development, implementation, and review of programs dealing with equal employment opportunity, human rights, affirmative action, minority business program coordination, and/or labor relations directly relating to affirmative action; or in the development and administration of programs designed to facilitate minority community access to employment or business opportunities in the public and private sector. A bachelor s degree may substitute for four years of experience. A master s degree may substitute for one additional year of experience.
Duties Description The incumbent will be assigned to the Office of Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises, and will provide assistance to Contractors and OGS Business Units to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws, rules, and regulations governing affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, and minority business programs. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Review and analyze commodity, professional services, and construction contracts “scope of work” to determine Minority and Women-owned Business participation goals
• Review and approve Utilization Plans and Purchase Order Requests
• Monitor contractor compliance and goal attainment on active projects
• Prepare MWBE Goal Waiver requests for the Assistant Director’s review
• Assist with the preparation of OGS and Host Agencies Utilization Reports and Goal Plans
• Review and analyze P-Card transactions
• Prepare and update excel spreadsheets, graphs, and charts as requested
• Utilize the New York State contract system MWBE Directory to determine availability of certified minority and women-owned business enterprises to perform work related to the successful execution of a contract
• Engage vendors to ensure their understanding of the contract requirements relative to inputting MWBE data into the New York State contract system upon award, during, and at the close of the contract
• Assist contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers with MWBE compliance audits
• Attend pre-award and Waiver Utilization Review Board meetings
• Assist the Senior Compliance Specialists as directed
• Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with Agency program units, Empire State Development, and our Host Agencies
• Prepare outreach campaigns to notify MWBEs of contracting opportunities
• Participate in MWBE outreach events
NOTE: Travel may be required
Additional Comments The ideal candidate will be able to prepare narrative and statistical reports describing and documenting findings and abstract information from different sources and compile and interpret data. Strong writing, analytical, and database management skills highly preferred.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.