Minimum Qualifications • At least nine (9) years of experience in business systems analysis, implementing all business phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including planning, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance.
• Two (2) of these years must have been in supervising system change processes and staff, utilizing PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) and/or PeopleSoft Financials applications.
• Two years of experience managing projects, utilizing standard PMBOK tools and methodologies, and leading cross functional teams.
Duties Description Coordinate Payroll project activities
• Oversee the development of all business analysis activities relating a variety of re-engineering activities including.
• Direct the development and implementation of new processes.
• Communicate to Payroll Management on the status of project activities.
• Analyze and identify opportunities for business process re-engineering.
• Oversee development of new payroll and agency operational procedures to accommodate re-engineered business processes and new system functionality.
• Research and record current payroll operations practices and procedures.
• Participate in change management planning to implement new or modified business processes.
• Assess the impact of proposed changes and draft impact statements for management’s consideration.
Manage Payroll re-engineering project staff:
• Supervise staff assigned to re-engineering projects.
• Provide leadership for re-engineering efforts impacting stakeholders and users.
• Manage staff and provide guidance to staff.
• Review work products and provide timely feedback.
• Ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all work activities performed by subordinate staff.
Additional Comments EDUCATION:
• A Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for four (4) years of general business systems analysis experience.
• A Master’s degree in a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the general business systems analysis experience.
• A Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) may be substituted two (2) years of general business systems analysis experience.
• Knowledge of and working experience with Peoplesoft HCM/Payroll Modules.
• Knowledge of and working experience with the Statewide Financial System.
• Experience in reading and creating SQLs.
• Demonstrated experience and skills in both verbal and written communications with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
• Knowledge of payroll processing including salary, deductions and payroll taxes.
• Demonstrated experience working on self service projects.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the attached template to http://www.osc.state.ny.us/recruit/docs/02833_Template_04_2018.doc to email@example.com or the address listed below no later than April 17, 2018. Please reference Item #02833-JDC-GOER in the subject line of the email, and on the cover letter.
To obtain the required template; copy and paste the following hyper link into your browser, download and save the template:
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete this template in full to demonstrate they meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be selected for interview based SOLELY on the contents provided by them on this template.
IMPORTANT: It is imperative that you provide specific examples to demonstrate your experience for each of the required qualifications listed in this template. Please ensure that you have fully described how you meet the qualifications by providing a FULLY DETAILED description of your experience. Any ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions will not be decided in the candidate’s favor.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY # should not be included.