Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Opportunities: Any current Nurse 1 or 2
For Nurse 1: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to
practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the
examination for such license. You must obtain your NYS license
within one year of the date of appointment or action will be taken to
remove you from the position.
For Nurse 2: Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of post-RN
licensure clinical nursing experience.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervise overall individual's health care needs, and working with house management to implement optimal care. Assess individuals on an ongoing basis, identifying needs and updating nursing care plans.
• Working with the house leadership to coordinate appointments for primary visits, consultant services and required tests.
• Provides oversight to individuals when hospitalized including the discharge transition.
• Ensures that medications and treatments are administered according to approved policies and regulations. Provides oversight to staff administering medications.
• Provides nursing component to the Interdisciplinary Team.
• Incident Investigation and other duties as assigned.
The Candidate must be able to perform CPR compressions on a supine individual on the floor. The Nurse demonstration of CPR compressions on the floor would ensure nurse ability to perform in worst case scenario; since we use no backboards in OPWDD.
The Candidate must be able to perform manual physical interventions of The Strategies in Crisis Intervention and Prevention course. The interventions include but are not limited to releases, holds and takedowns. Must be able to lift arms over the head, get on the floor in lying or kneeling position.
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Family and household member relationships: OPWDD policy may impact eligibility for this position. Employees are responsible for recognizing the relationship and not posting for positions where it would be a concern. Before you apply read Section 120.27 of the Region 3 Policy Manual. Please e-mail ODHPRSNL if you have you need help determining if this policy applies to you.
• CAPA: Must be cleared by the NYS Central Register for Child Abuse and Maltreatment, if position requires working with minors and not previously cleared.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.