Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer: Currently a permanent full/half-time Nurse Administrator 1. Simultaneous to this posting the appropriate civil service list may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list. Should the eligible list result in less than three acceptors, provisional candidates may be considered.
You must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had two years of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as follows:
Either A. Nurse 2, Nurse 2 (Psychiatric), Nurse 2 (Psychiatric) (Spanish Language), Nurse 2 (Psychiatric) (Chinese Language), Nurse 2 (Manual Communications), Community Mental Health Nurse, Community Mental Health Nurse (Spanish Language), Infection Control Nurse, or Senior Utilization Review Nurse
Or B. two years in any Grade 16 or higher position that requires a license and current New York State registration as a Registered Nurse.
Qualifying Experience for Appointment from the Eligible List
After three years in any of the qualifying titles above, successful candidates will be qualified for appointment from the eligible list.
Important note: the candidate selected to this position is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss any previously approved time off with their new supervisor. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time.
Please note: The filling of this position is dependent upon prior approval being obtained from OPWDD, Division of the Budget, and Civil Service.
A provisional appointment may only be made in the absence of a valid Civil Service list certification. In order for provisional appointments to become permanent, the selected candidate must participate in, and receive a reachable score, during the next exam administration.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide supervision for all staff at this site (RNs and LPNs).
• Certify the TIMES for all the staff, write their annual evaluations, and do scheduling on site.
• Assure that nursing staff follow all identified clinical services and follow up with the appropriate clinical staff when necessary.
• Provide input on Nurse staffing needs to the TTL to ensure adequate Nursing coverage.
• Mentor all new RN’s in assigned area of responsibility.
• Review MOLST with assigned RN, clarify information before sending for Director/Deputy review. Follow up as needed with the Medical Director, NA 2, NCP, MHLS, on questions and concerns with the SDMC series 200 and 300 forms.
• Assist assigned RNs with completing the Justice Center “Report a Death Forms” for thoroughness before assigned RN forwarding to the NPC, NA 2 and Medical Director for input prior to sending it off to clerical support for IRMA input.
• Review MIPS with the nurses for health care provider order and thoroughness before submitting to ICC for approval.
• Ensure the timely distribution of hospital reports; review and file them. Notify supervisor of any concerns.
• Assist the team to develop responses to investigations and audits, retraining as needed, restructuring of practices to assure implementation of facility policies and compliance with all new updates.
• Educate RNs on new policies and ensure compliance with all new updates.
• Liaison with community providers and families regarding concerns with individual’s health care.
• Assist with development of site meeting agenda items and co-chair with supervisor, attend routine Nurses meetings.
• As assigned, lead investigations within the unit commensurate with investigations training.
• Provides clinical training and support to all nursing staff to all nursing staff, within the scope of Nursing Practice and agency policies.
• Provides clinical expertise to committee’s as assigned on a rotational basis.
• Chair Medication Event Committee meetings.
• Provide support to teams toward improving medication administration practices.
• Conduct Nursing Interviews for RNs and LPNs.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.