Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Prior to being considered for appointment, you will be required to pass a keyboarding test that demonstrates your ability to enter text at a rate of at least 30 words per minute with at least 96% accuracy per NYS DCS standards.
Duties Description 1. Provide general administrative and clerical support including filing, scanning, faxing and copying
2. Review and log incoming and outgoing correspondence.
3. Draft, prepare and distribute various correspondence related to HR.
4. Handle telephone calls and visitors and respond to standard inquiries and direct callers/visitors to appropriate staff or program areas.
5. Arrange and manage meetings and conference calls.
6. Coordinate information flow by acting as a liaison among key executives, staff, other employees, outside entities such as other NYS agencies and/or the general public.
7. Establish office procedures, and monitor administrative policies and procedures for accuracy of information to edit when necessary.
8. Design, set up, streamline and maintain office filing systems (including electronic), databases and spreadsheets.
9. Conduct follow-up with staff on outstanding issues to ensure work flows efficiently through completion.
10. Assist with the sorting and distribution of payroll checks.
11. Research HR related background information as assigned.
12. Operate office equipment which requires the skilled use of a standard alpha-numeric keyboard to produce correspondence, reports, and other agency documents.
13. Resolve day-to-day operational problems, and order supplies, as needed.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Comments To apply for this position, eligible individuals must send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "OA1 (Keyboarding)" in the subject line. Resumes and cover letters must be received by April 16, 2018.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.