Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Secretary 1 OR be reachable on
the current Civil Service eligible list.
Transfer Qualifications: Candidates must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Secretary 1 will work in the Putnam County Office located in Brewster, NY. This position requires strong communication and computer skills. The Secretary 1 may be required to work alone at various times and therefore must have the ability to function with minimal supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provides assistance with the completion of weekly overtime reports and obtaining receipts , procurement and receiving logs from house managers, ensures compliance with Overtime Evaluation forms for staff
• Maintain TABS and IRMA systems through data entry
• Assists Article 16 doctor, OT/PT and Res Hab staff as needed
• Provide assistance to TTL to track required staff training status, fire drill forms, monthly compliance checklists, maintain attendance records for clinical and DA3 staff in the Putnam team
• Send and track informed consents for team psychologist
• Liaison for the landlord’s property maintenance staff to ensure upkeep and repair of the office
• Interact with voluntary agencies, families and members of the public seeking Front Door information
• Schedule events for the onsite conference room for DDSOO, DDRO, voluntary agencies, ITS and Central Office videoconferences.
• Maintain and order office supplies, collect office supply orders from house managers
• Perform monthly checks of fire extinguishers & emergency lights; send inspection records to safety
• Submit work orders for the office
• Other duties as assigned
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
26 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3320
Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare
and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER