Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Two years of satisfactory supervisory experience in maintenance, construction, landscaping or retail operations. Retail operations must include responsibilities dealing with the public, customer service and daily financial reporting and processing. Preferable in public/recreational facilities. Must have and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
Duties Description - Responsible for the overall on site management of the NYS DEC Crown Point Campground
- Must live at campground during period of employment, without exception (see Recreation Manual #211.1)
- Must be willing to work undefined hours, ensuring continued operation of your park, with a limited, if any, assigned amount of overtime. Must work all weekends and holidays through the summer, unless otherwise excused. Required to work through Labor Day weekend, as term of employment.
- Must be willing and able to respond to emergencies at the facility regardless of the time factor, day/night.
- Must be able to handle and account for money and complete necessary closeout Revenue Reports.
- Must be capable and willing to operate a personal computer for revenue accounting purposes and permit issuance.
- Must be willing and able to oversee and do manual work in park (such as maintaining roads, grounds and facilities, cleaning toilets, lifting garbage cans chest high, using rakes and shovels, and operating push/riding lawn mowers.)
- Must be well groomed, wear issued uniform, as well as work shoes, no sneakers. Issued clothing must be kept clean and presentable.
- Must be capable of communicating effectively with subordinates and the camping public, which includes enforcement of Rules and Regulations.
- Must be willing and able to read and understand the Campground Operations Manual and perform all functions defined within.
-Performs a variety of semi-skilled carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, roofing, masonry and related work in maintaining, repairing and constructing a wide variety of park structures, roads and other facilities.
- Must be able and willing to supervise 3 or more employees, which includes Lifeguards, beach operation, Park Rangers, maintenance staff, and scheduling. Ensure that staff understand their job duties and any issues/concerns are addressed in a timely manner with clear direction on how to improve performance provided. Making sure to communicate any issues with supervisor. Ensure that LATS are submitted and approved by the Friday after end of pay period. Assignments should always take into consideration the safety of the employees. All injuries to staff should be reported in a timely manner as per guidance provided.
- Must be capable and willing to enforce campsite rules and regulations.
Additional Comments This is a temporary position with a duration of 4/30/18 through 9/5/18.
Actual duties, work hours, and schedule will be discussed at interview.
Positions available at multiple sites throughout the Adirondack Park.
-Must have valid driver's license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position.
-Use of personal protection equipment, including respirator, will be required.
-Must be able to negotiate difficult terrain and work in remote areas and adverse weather conditions .
-Overtime may be required.
-Weekends and holidays may be required.
-Must be available for emergency response.
-Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies.
-Must be able to lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
-Must reside in State Housing.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.