Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer: Current or previous one-year permanent service as a Secretary 1.
70.1 Qualifications: Those titles within two salary grades or one M-grade as approved by Civil Service.
Duties Description Primary Duties And Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support directly to the DDPS 4 and other members of the management and/or operations team as needed.
• Field and screen incoming calls to the DDPS 4 and/or Director (answer the phone, screen calls, and take messages).
• Perform receptionist responsibilities, i.e. greet public and employees in a courteous manner and provide answers and direction as appropriate.
• Complete typing, filing and copying for the administrative team.
• Order supplies, maintain office equipment.
• Maintain supervisor's calendar; schedule and arranges meetings, prepare agendas/meeting minutes, coordinate any necessary travel, and perform related duties as assigned.
• Prepare typewritten materials from various sources using computer.
• Maintain office files and organizational systems as required and compile information as needed.
• Process and distribute incoming mail and process outgoing mail as necessary.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate and will be evaluated against the following criteria:
1. The ability to perform specified duties, as demonstrated by responses to hypothetical situations at interview.
2. The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
3. The ability to present ideas clearly and effectively in the preparation of correspondence and reports and in dealing with people on the phone and in person.
4. The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with agency staff, outside agencies, families and consumers.
5. The ability to effectively follow up on correspondence and phone calls when needed in the absence of supervisor.
6. The ability to schedule meetings with proper notification, and attend meetings for the purpose of recording minutes as needed.
7. The ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of computers, Windows XP, Microsoft Word, Excel, and agency computer systems.
8. The ability to readily adapt to new assignments, complex tasks and changing priorities.
9. Possess an acceptable attendance record and work record (e-file).
The successful bidder to this posting is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss, with their new supervisor, any previously approved time off. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time.
Additional Comments Simultaneous to this posting the appropriate civil service list may be canvassed. Management reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and/or resume by 04/19/2018 and include EOA # 18-77 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: email@example.com.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.