Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer: Currently a permanent Developmental Assistant 3 or staff in a PEF title whose current function is residential program management.
Promotion: Candidate must be reachable on the Civil Service List for Developmental Assistant 3.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Second level supervisor of multiple work sites; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the developmentally disabled individuals in their care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervisor of site directors at assigned IRA’s (DA1, DA2s, and Senior LPNs) to ensure staffing levels and patterns at assigned sites, as well as supervisory practices in place. Fully support ongoing implementation of site BMP Plans and Individual Residential Habilitation Plans and co-develops, co-trains, and monitor individual residential habilitation plans for assigned consumers, co-develops and co-trains and monitors IPOP’s for all assigned consumers.
• Provides guidance and direction to DA1, DA2s and Senior LPNs at assigned IRAs ensuring direct care and supervisory staff input into any action-plans needed and consistent follow through by staff.
• Ensures timely and accurate completion of administrative reports in key areas, participating in the process of summarizing and analyzing this information in a manner which aids unit managers in sound decision-making practices including: survey response, ongoing evaluation of staffing needs based upon program objectives; ongoing review of schedules/assignment developed by site directors; ongoing review of use of ET and OT and overall cash management; advocate for and coordinate training of subordinate staff; coordinate regular meetings between subordinate staff and facilitate collaboration in areas which would maximize management of all key resources. Attends and monitors ISP reviews for completion and follow-up.
• Performs quarterly audits at assigned IRAs of consumer cash and petty cash budgets. Writes consumer cash POCAS when deemed necessary. Writes PEPS of assigned consumers.
• Annual review/update of fire evacuation assessments.
• Contributes to the management team:
• Ensures 147s are completed appropriately and all necessary preliminary decisions and actions are made and appropriately communicated.
• Serves on / leads various workgroups and committees and completes other special assignments as appropriate.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit PRF-1 form, and/or cover letter and resume by 04/20/2018 to:
Central New York DDSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concourse
Syracuse, NY 13212
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Cyndi Coutts Whitney, TTL at 315-425-5375.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.