Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Secretary 2 eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Eligible candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a grade 13 or higher. If the candidate is not currently incumbering, or has not previously held a keyboard or secretarial title, the candidate will be required to take and pass a typing proficiency exam to qualify for transfer
Duties Description • Taking phone calls from local officials and taxpayers and referring to available staff for assistance.
• Reviewing incoming correspondence and refer it to the appropriate staff member.
• Preparing correspondence and other documents needed by the staff.
• Reviewing outgoing correspondence for proper grammatical usage, clarity, factual correctness, compliance with policy and conformance to instructions. Ensures that appropriate materials are attached, if applicable
• Creating letters and setting up meetings with local officials or taxpayers when requested
• Assembling and organizing materials and information to prepare for upcoming audits
• Maintaining files of documents related to Local Government Units
• Scheduling interviews for potential new employees, checking references, preparing and sending related correspondence and processing new employee paperwork.
• Arranging meetings, training or conferences; assembling and coordinating materials. As requested, attending such meetings and preparing a summary of the meeting’s conclusions or agreed upon courses of action. Maintaining meeting, training and conference calendars.
• Maintaining files (including electronic) of correspondence and other documents. Maintaining confidential information and periodically purging obsolete material in compliance with established policies
• Monitoring and verifying time off requests and time cards of staff in the region and maintaining the weekly itineraries and phone list of staff.
• Maintaining and monitoring staff activities in the “Management Information System” database (automated time management system); creates/designs reports for managers’ use.
• Making travel arrangements (hotel, air, ground transportation) for staff as requested. Also responsible for reviewing and auditing staff travel reimbursement vouchers for management approvals.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4/20/2018. Please reference Item # 03871– GOER-SAB when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.